Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Workin' Hard for the Money

After today I am about 95% sure that my coworkers completely hate me.
Exhibit A:

I'm not sure who my boss is so I always email the woman who gave me my job. Today my father, Papa Bear, was taking my car in to have the air conditioning checked out by a mechanic friend at his work so as a professional curtesy (which I was never asked to do) I emailed this woman just to let her know I would be arriving late.

Here is her response:

"Oh no... we'll miss you ;)"

I almost drowned in the sarcasm. But I can appreciate that because I am perhaps the most sarcastic person I know and everytime she says something to me along the lines of "Want me to train you on statistics materials?" I overenthusiastically reply, "THAT WOULD BE MY DREAM!!!" But still... ouch.

Exhibit B:

I finished all my work and I asked my coworker if there was anything I could work on and to paraphrase she told me she was too lazy to give me one of her assignments because it would take too long to explain things to me.

Exhibit C:

I arrived at work late today (because of aforementioned circumstances) and another woman I work with asked, "Hey.... did you... change your hours or something?"

I then went down my laundry list of reasons as to why I have not been arriving at 10 like I usually do this week (all legitimate such as the surprise construction they are doing on my route which closes down the right lane of traffic and adds an extra 30 minutes to my commute) to which she replies, "Well could you let me know because I'm usually the first one in in the mornings." To which I replied I do contact people when I'm going to be late, I just haven't been contacting you because I don't have your contact information. "Yeah... you can find that on our website." You can find that on our website....

You can find this on my website!


Meanwhile she was perfectly perky the whole time she said all this so I'm not exactly sure how to react to this conversation. I do, however, know that I will be contacting her by email and phone every time I'm going to be so much as a millisecond late.

Oh yeah, she's created a monster. She just hasn't realized it yet.

So much for not talking about my coworkers haha From now on going to work will just be code for trying not to get fired 9 to 5.

2:^)

4 Comments:

At 1:38 AM, Blogger On Top, Downunder said...

I have to say your is the only blog that makes me actually laugh out loud. I love it, never ever stop.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

"perhaps the most sarcastic person I know"

That's because you don't know ME.



"From now on going to work will just be code for trying not to get fired 9 to 5."

Yup, that sounds about right.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger CyberPete said...

They never mentioned who your boss is? Odd..

Ouch, that's gotta hurt. I usually email in sick because it's difficult to get through phoning until at least 8.30am. So they can plan the day. But the other day I was asked to call them, apparently it's not easy for them to reply to an email and ask if I have anything laying around they should know about. Hmmm.

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger dondon009 said...

My boss makes a person feel guilty as hell whenever they call in sick...... my solution, call her cell phone at about 3:30 AM and leave a message..... thankfully, she's never answered her phone at that time. Not sure what I'll do if she ever does.

BTW.... I have to agree with whiteflamenz. I love visiting this blog. You have an amazing sense of humor and I always leave here feeling pretty damned good!

DON~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home