Thursday, November 23, 2006

Update From The Gobble Day Trenches

My little cousin arrived and the first words I hear are "You wet myself". My sister and his mother are currently out at Walmart buying him a new pair of pants because she forgot to bring a change of clothes.

Meanwhile my clinically depressed great aunt is looking frail as ever. Even though she can barely see the first thing she said when she "saw" me was "If you get any talller we'll have to raise the roof on this place". She says that every time I see her usually several times.

As per usual, she has also made her first morbid comment of the evening, "This is going to be my last Thanksgiving", but don't worry she's been saying that for years now and my aunt encouraged with a "Don't be silly we'll see you at my place for Christmas!" Her response was to groan.

Everyone is already hittin' up the booze.

Dinner is late and will probably be cold but it's the same every year so things are checking out to be right on schedule.

My relatives have only been here an hour and a half. I'm hoping to get them out of here by 6 .

*Fingers Crossed*

Oh the holidays. Gotta love it.

2:^)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger Polt said...

I dont even have the luxury of alcohol at my Thanksgiving...we have a crowd of people there, I jsut try to say away from the nuts...

HUGS...

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Michael The Shadow said...

Well bud, I hope that they left early and you got stuffed silly on good food!

Maybe the next time your morbid Aunt says something about it being the "last" time for holidays (and this is very snarky mind you), you could ask what you're getting in the inheritance to see if that shakes her out of it? Yes...I am truly evil.

Happy belated Thanksgiving :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home