Sunday, November 12, 2006

Why Do People Do Nice Things?

The other day I decided that I was in desperate need of a haircut and bit the bullet and went to the redneck place down the street. They're cheap ($12.00!), they're close by (right on the corner of my street), and most importantly of all they don't try to make small talk with me.

Only problem is they don't really do that great of a job cutting my hair but you get what you pay for ($12.00!).

So I began my lonely sojourn down the street only to find a little Yorkie staring back at me from the middle of the road. It saw me, froze, and decided its best defensive strategy would be to lay down in the road and shake like a leaf.

For some reason I have become quite the Dog Whisperer in my day and I convinced the frightened pooch to come out of the road so that I could pet it. From there it let me look at its collar which, thankfully, had an address on it or else I would be the proud new father of a Yorkie.

I looked at the address and it turns out that it's my neighbor's dog just a few doors down so I decided to deliver the little squirt. I scooped the little guy into my arms and knocked on my neighbor's door.

It was then as I climbed the stairs of their porch and rang the doorbell that I realized the dog was COMPLETELY covered in its own filth.

Completely.

Oh gawd it was everywhere.

And right as I dropped the dog on the ground my hill billy owner opened the door. I handed the animal over and all I got was an, "Oh... thank you."

Some people don't do good things to get a pat on the back but I do. At the very least I should have gotten a parade thrown in my honor or the key to the city. But instead I got a lukewarm gracias and had the door shut in my face. As I stood there covered in excrement.

And so I walked back to my house, changed my clothes and began my trip to the hair cutter again.

Honestly, part of me hoped I'd find another puppy... he would at least seem grateful.

2:^)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Polt said...

Next time, when you find that Yorkie, take it home, send out a ransom note, wait a few hours, and then return him, saying you had to wrestle from a large man with a knife, and a scar, and a desire to kill yorkies. Go into detail about how tough it was to get him back and not injure him while doing so, and how close you came to being hurt yourself, and how you dispatched the big man with your ninja-like knowledge of self defense techniques. And a thick lead pipe to his head as well.

ANd THEN see if you don't get a bigger thank you!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Maybe instead of the dog whisperer, you should try being the dog smeller first ...

Just a suggestion ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home