Sunday, August 06, 2006

My Birthday Month Spectacular Day 2!

Things I learned today:

- Poop jokes are funny.

- People don't like overhearing poop jokes while they're eating.

- I will eat anything as long as it's drenched in chocolate.

- I just made an uncomfortable assocation between the three items I just listed above - right this very second haha

Before my friends came to pick me up to take me out to dinner, I had the most awkward moment with my mother which was prompted by my father.

Dad: I'm goin' out to mow the lawn, hey son want me to teach you? Ahahaha!

He knows I don't do manual labor.

Mom: He's not going to ever do the lawn. I see him moving into a condo or an apartment where he doesn't have to. *Dad's gone* Or you'll just have to get a wife who... likes doing that sorta stuff...

She then looked up at me and realized the mistake she had made and tried to cover it.

Mom: Or... friend... or... roommate...

I believe the term you're looking for is GAY LOVER, mother dear. I appreciate that she tried to right her mistake but the way she did it just makes me think it was hard for her to simply say boyfriend. So I wonder if that's what she'll tell people when I move into my one bedroom apartment with a guy. Ah that's just his "friend"... "roommate".

Those are so gauche and overused. I've been trying to come up with terms my mother would be comfortable with that aren't so run of the mill. My friends came up with a couple of suggestions my favorite being "business associate" (like Beverly Lesley says on Will & Grace) but I've also grown to appreciate "my worse half" and "partner in crime".

I'll have to keep brainstorming.

Three more friends down, however many more to go for my Birthday month.

Gah!

2:^P

5 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to see you still in fine form. Happy Birthday!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Polt said...

How calling said future gay lover, your "wifely substitute"? Or "my little woman with a penis"? or "manfriend" (as presumably, he won't be a boy?).

Sorry, I have a headache, those are the best I could do under the circumstances.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Chris & I are trying to come up with something to call ourselves other than 'boyfriends.' When we come up with the alternative, we'll pass it along for you to pass along to your mom. Glad to hear your birthday month is going swimmingly.

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Dedicated butt-munch"?

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, did you notice how neatly that tied into several aspects of your post? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home