Thursday, August 03, 2006

StuckingFupidMas Eve!

Happy StuckingFupidMas Eve, Everybody!

Tomorrow as you may know is the international celebration of my birth and I plan to ring in the 22nd anniversary of the gift of me to this world by!!!... doing absolutely nothing...

2:^(

My friends suck.

So for all my other friends birthdays I'm recruited to write the birthday email because they think that I'm the funniest at writing them. The only unforeseen consequence of volunteering to write aforementioned emails, is that it also requires me to basically become the party planner because in order to write a birthday email you kinda need birthday plans to write about. That's when I drain all the who, what, where, when, hows out of people and essentially plan their birthdays all by my lonesome and report the information out to everyone. I'm very good at it and have yet to receive a complaint. I've also yet to receive a thank you but I'm not bitter toward those buttwads about it. Not at all.

For my 21st birthday I planned everything and it went off an unprecedented success. Everyone had a good time and they still talk about how great my birthday was because it was cheap, fun, well planned, and there was no drama. This year they were all hoping I would celebrate my birthday again because it would really be the last time all of us could come together as a group since everyone is going their separate ways soon due to jobs, grad school, etc. and I'm the last of the summer birthdays.

As much fun as I had at my birthday last year it took a lot of work. My friends are a mixture of ages so we have to go places that let people under 21 in. Some are vegetarians so I like to eat at a places where they can find a meal so they don't have to sneak in grass or leaves or whatever it is that vegetarians eat these days. Many of my friends are tightwads so I like to find places they wouldn't have to break the bank at. Plus we need designated drivers or a means of getting home/places for them to stay. Somehow I managed to work it all out last year, but I was not doing that research project this year.

As a result, when people would ask me what I was doing for my birthday this year I would think back to all the work last year, shudder, and respond with an exasperated, "I don't know... I don't really care as long as I don't have to plan anything. If I have to plan it all myself I just won't be doing anything."

And this is what they heard, "Blah blah blah I blah won't be doing anything. Blah Blah I hate birthdays and you smell like cat pee"

So now instead of having a birthday bash I am going to be stuck going out to dinner with these fools individually for the rest of the month. Which is also unpleasant because the cost benefit ratio is not very good. One birthday with everyone there, I get lots of money, gift cards, and food (because they know that's the way to my heart). For these stupid "we'll go out to dinner to celebrate your birthday and I'll pay for your meal" dates, I get no money or gift cards, only food and even then I usually end up paying part of my meal because they balk at the check. You would think by now they would realize that I am NOT a cheap date... and I'm an overeater.

Oh yeah my family sucks too.

If nothing else I was at least hoping that I would get a nice gift from my family for StuckingFupidMas, but that's probably not going to happen because I was talking to my mother this morning and after some comment I had made she said something to the effect of "oh well I bought you that thing 2 months ago for your computer" (which the defense would just like to note that she said she would buy me things for my computer as a part of my extended graduation gift) "but don't worry I'll still get you something little... but you might not get that on your birthday".

So from the looks of things I might be partyless and presentless for StuckingFupidMas... I mean I suppose I should be grateful for all my loving friends and family who care about me, support me, and send me their warmest regards but they don't accept good will and cheer at the Best Buy when you're attempting to purchase an iPod. I mean maybe they do I haven't checked into it, but I'm pretty sure if I tried that someone would hit the panic button and I'd be on the floor surrounded by security before I could show them the hand drawn birthday cards my friends gave me because they were too cheap to buy me one.

Ah well. I will be optimistic and perhaps I will be surprised!

There's always a chance for StuckingFupidMas miracles... you might get one too

2:^)

3 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Polt said...

Aw sweetie....go to gay bar, drink yourself silly, pick up some fabulously hot guy with the abs of a supermodel, fuck his brains out (or have him fuck your brains out...whatever flips your switch) and then wake up the next morning, exhausted, hungover, and satisfied sexually and, as you're sneaking away from your one night stand to avoid all the day-after drama, know that none of your friends or family could possbily give you what you gave yourself! (and I don't mean a case of the crabs or nothing!)

(yeah, it still don't buy you an iPod, but hey, I'm trying alright?)

Happy Brithday, hon!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Holy Shit! Your friends really do suck. Chris & I will be travelling tomorrow, but we'll be thinking of you on 'StuckingFupidMas.' We hope you have an outstanding birthday!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Happy StuckingFupidMas to all, and to all a good night!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home