Friday, July 21, 2006

The Middle East

I don't like to write about politics in my blog because it is a very divisive issue, but with recent events in the Middle East I find it very hard to ignore what's going on in the world. As a socially conscious individual, I can't help but weigh in.

Many critics and historians have argued that the reason the Middle East is such a hotbed of violence, war, and destruction can be attributed to the fact that it is geographically the origin of many of the world's religions and a great melting pot of various cultures and ethnicities who all have stakes in the area which results in conflict. While these differences do exist, I believe the reason for the current state of the Middle East does not have to do with any of these factors, but rather due to these countries having a short supply of ice cream.


Imagine it's 110 degrees outside, you're dressed in robes, and the only thing you have to relieve yourself from the relentless heat is a warm bowl of sand. If I were in that situation I would be making pipe bombs and blowing up buses too in the hopes that the blast would at least generate a cooling breeze.

Tempers rage when temperatures rise, at least I know mine do. My air conditioning doesn't work in my car and if its a blistering hot day and you cut me off without giving me so much as a courtesy wave, as far as I'm concerned that gives me license to kill you... or at the very least honk and give you the one finger salute.


I'm not thinking about God at those moments, I'm too busy focusing on the beads of sweat rolling down my back and my headache which feels like a baby bird trying to hatch its way through my skull. And I am NOT prone to road rage by any means. In fact my friends often comment on how passive I am behind the wheel. I manage my Buddha-like zen driving state by being a terrible driver and constantly assuming I am the one at fault, however, for some reason when you add heat in the equation every mother humpin' person on the highway is an idiot flouting all the rules of the road just to screw me over and prevent me from quickly and efficiently commuting to and fro my destinations.

I don't know how the heat does it, but it does it. And the only thing keeping me from smashing my car into the back of your wreckless driving self is the thought that when I get home I can sit down and cool off with a creamy, delicious bowl of ice cream:


Well... that and I don't want to get sued or total my car or go to prison or...

yeah. Yay ice cream!

2:^)

6 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger golfwidow said...

Would this discourse be known as an ice cream koan?

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger dondon009 said...

I should have known.....

Perfect!

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Timbo said...

I think you just might be on to something with your assessment of all that is wrong the whole mid east hood.

Best to you in your pursuit of ice cream to cool your political passions.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Polt said...

I think you ought to explain to the morons in DC, maybe it'll make some difference. Basing our foreign policy on ice cream certainly could NOT be any worse than what we've got now.

Perhaps we could call it: Dessert For The Desert! Get a bunch of celebrities to sing a "unity" song about it. Take donations to send vanilla, and chocolate over there. Everybody could wear little sundae pins on thier lapels.

I think you're onto something here...

(BTW: verification word was 'tatlr' or tattler. hmm, I wonder if that means anything?)

 
At 3:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hye thanks for visiting my blog. I'll subscribe to yours. Later.

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the visit to the qPlog!

I have to agree... I think Ice Cream would solve all the world's problems! I mean look what the Ice Cream social did for elementary schools! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home