Thursday, August 17, 2006

Gay Town

I went to my friend's friend's friend's 21st birthday party last night and recovered at about 1 o'clock this afternoon. High class. I was too hung over to drive this morning so I took a sick day today.

Even though I was told my friend's friend's friends would be "over the top" they were tame to the point of being boring and made a mockery of every stereotype I ever had of theater people being the most shameless of nut jobs.* (Hehehe nut jobs). Still my best friend was there so I had an excellent time regardless. Little did I know before we headed out though that we were going to a GAY bar so I was going to be firmly ensconced in homosexuality and losing my gay bar cherry (and no I don't mean losing my cherry at a gay bar I mean I've never been to a gay bar perverts). What was fun though is that one of my friend's friend's friend's friends didn't know he was gay and he wrote on his facebook wall something about "Can't wait to go to the bar and scope out the ladies with you". I don't think his boyfriend would appreciate that. But I was kind of hoping we would go to the bar and he would be like the guy with no gaydar and roll in there like "wow this place is a real sausagefest" but much to my chagrin he did not and I think the news dawned on him pretty quickly when one of the guys we were with started showing off his Tiffany's bracelet.

The bar was very nice, all very shi shi and pretentious and the bartenders were gorgeous. Mmm beefy bar tenders. Not to mention the drinks were phenomenal (hence I got so wasted face without even realizing it). Couldn't even taste the alcohol.

My Friend's Friend: The bartenders were all very nice! At other gay bars I've been to they ignore the girls, but the bartender there was like "What do you want, sweetie?"

Your Hero: He said that to me too!

My best friend was in heaven even though none of my friend's friend's friends were talking to us. She even got a wink and a compliment from a drag queen that was parading around the bar.

Pickle Smuggler: You are so fierce. You're beautiful!

Your Hero's Best Friend: Oh my god! You're so cute, thank you!

Her name was "Christina". After this exchange, my best friend asked me if people thought she was a man and then told me how she kept forgetting she was in a gay bar and had to refrain from givin' the eyes to the fellas. Hah! Gotta love her. I'm disappointed there were no lesbians though, she really wanted to score some free drinks but it just wasn't happening. Oh well maybe next time.

Overall everything was great sans hangover and I'm glad I didn't get hit on by old men or gang banged while I was in the bathroom... or maybe I did the night is a bit of a blur. I'm probably full of herpes now.

Now I have to go to Pride and have sex at a club and I'm pretty sure I've done most things gay unless someone has other suggestions?

2:^)

P.S. I just thought this was funny/ignorant:


Double Dose of Racism:

Scene: Asian man at the Thai restaurant trying to figure out every body's ages from our drivers licenses.

Your Hero: Jesus is this like a math test for him?

(The Cuban Guy that wants my junks overhears)

Mister Sister: He's asian he should be able to tell us our ages and calculate our tax returns in his head.

Some Guy: No that's the jews.

Scene: My work place, the student assistants are avoiding work at all costs.

(The hairy dirty hipster and the other gay student assistant are talking when I come in).

Jewbacca (hey he's hairy and jewish): Did you hear about this story? They rescued some mexicans that were stuck on a boat for 11 months.

Your Hero: Why?

*I've been friends with theater people all my life so don't go crying to me that you're theater person and are offended.

7 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Michael The Shadow said...

Well I am a theatre person and I'm not offended :)

Sounds like you had a pretty groovin time. My theatre friends for the most part don't drink so...well...they tend to go to Disneyland instead.

So to finish up your gay thing, I think you skipped the part where you go to a "cirquit party" and get all drugged up whilest being molested by several guys wearing the exact same outfits who are either drugged up or drunk or both.

hm...come to think of it, I haven't done that either.

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Perry Neeham said...

I'm sure there's a good reason for this: if you're gay, why haven't you been to a gay bar before? Just puzzled. No, I'm curious. No, fuckit, I'm nosey!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Waah. I'm theatre person and I'm offended.

No, I think I know excatly what you mean ... pretensious, overly-dramatic, frequently clueless ... I've seen it all ...

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger fairfromfair said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger fairfromfair said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger fairfromfair said...

ah theatre people.... God love em. Somebody has too. I've known/love a bunch - you can't be gay and not. They are definitely the nuts in the trail mix that is my life (too often I tend to be those bran squares... you know good for you, keep you regular...)

Glad you had fun at the bar - don't forget a pier dance, cruising a park, getting a beej from a complete stranger in a bathroom stall to add to your list.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Polt said...

"Now I have to go to Pride and have sex at a club and I'm pretty sure I've done most things gay unless someone has other suggestions?"

Okay, yeah, you gotta do those, but don't forget about getting drunk and waking up in and alley behind a bowling alley wearing someone else's underwear, a bra, a sombrero, and mismatched socks, in a puddle of either urine or vomit or both, which you HOPE is yours, a locked metallic briefcase by your side.

Or was that just me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home